Saturday, March 13, 2010

Toward The Spring

Is there anything left? Any ground that's still green? Cause after the fire burned up this scene, through the smoke, no signs of life can be seen. And all that was beautiful has turned to ash and soot. I walk on the barren ground yet can't feel it under my foot. Everything that was green is now brown, oh Spring rain come turn it all around.

(Chorus)
Summer and Winter have swallowed me whole and now I walk toward the Spring to a story untold. Summer and Winter have swallowed me whole now I walk toward the Spring to a new hope.

I don't want to live in the shadow lands anymore. Though ironically it's the place we grow. It's an amazing yet uncomfortable experience for him to chip away at this statue of stone. And when you finally break through will this cold piece of clay be renewed?

(Repeat Chorus)

On the break of this Spring day my story unfolds in a new way. Life in the midst of death is hard to find. Hard to journey forward and not rewind. As seasons change and the swirling Spring air carries me to a new place, I see change happens in it's own time. Only you can make something beautiful out of this coal mine. And when you finally chip through will this cold piece of clay resemble you?


(Repeat Chorus 2x)


(C) Krystal Celeste (Written in Spring '06)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this, Spring is so inspirational in its symbolism. There's always something to grow from what's left of winter ... Happy lyric writing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanne! I'm happy to know you enjoyed reading. Spring is my favorite time of year because it feels so new and inspiring. There really is a lot of symbolism to be seen in the season. Thanks for stopping by Joanne, I've really enjoyed reading your blog as well. Have a lovely week. :)

    ReplyDelete