Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You're Like The Wind To Me

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Maybe we don't have to figure everything out ... maybe it's okay if we can't see the big picture or have all our questions answered .... maybe we just have to surrender to a force we cannot see. Maybe we just need to let go and have faith in this mystery ....



You're Like The Wind To Me

You're the force beyond the shore. You're the sound when the waves crash and roar. Though I admit at times I've asked for more. For something I could touch and something I could see. Like sand falling through my hand, tangible, simple gravity. More than just an invisible mystery.

(Chorus)
You're like the wind to me. I can't see you but I feel you blowing free. I believe that love is always here. I may not feel it but it's a constant in the air. And I'm learning to trust in what I cannot see. Learning to surrender to the wind that carries me.

It was so hard for me to believe that your love could lie beyond what my eyes could see. That even in my darkest hour you're walking right beside me. Oh how my human eyes search for evidence instead of just believe. As though faith is something that should be verified and seen. Every sence of you is felt as your power through wind gently blows across my skin. I'm ready to hold out my hands and touch, and hear your still small voice if only I listen close enough.

(Repeat Chorus)

Man will try and try to reduce you to mere religion. Put you in a small box of limits you could never fit. But your wind swirls and blows, and escapes freely away from it. You, a holy mystery, big enough to save me, small enough to embrace me.

(Repeat Chorus 2x)


(C) Krystal Celeste

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Krystal! ;) I like this part especially, resonates with my journey right now also...

    You're like the wind to me. I can't see you but I feel you blowing free. I believe that love is always here. I may not feel it but it's a constant in the air. And I'm learning to trust in what I cannot see. Learning to surrender to the wind that carries me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn! So glad you liked it and can relate to it. :)

    ReplyDelete