Monday, June 6, 2011

Feature on artist, Lara Landon

lara1

“I'm his beloved and He's mine”

I can't really explain it but there are some songs that just hit you at the right time. When you feel a little lost and need a reminder of what's true, they somehow find their way in and touch your heart. That's what the song Beloved by singer/songwriter, Lara Landon, was for me. I heard this song a couple weeks ago, and even though I could swear I've heard it before, it hit me at that very moment. Thankfully it was late at night and I was the only one awake, because I was sorta a teary eyed mess and I'm sure it wasn't a very pretty sight lol. But I just needed to be reminded of who I was to Jesus and who he was to me ... and these lyrics served as a beautiful reminder.

"Nothing can separate, no space, no time
No death, no life, no person, no power.
So strong is the love of my Heavenly Father
I'm His beloved"

"Beloved", which was released in 2009 on the album of the same name, starts out with soft piano and builds to a beautiful power ballad. Lara's strong vocals simply soar, the emotion in her voice making you believe every word she sings. And this girl really has a voice on her! This song just feels honest and real. I saw so much of myself in the lyrics and felt an instant connection to it. Some songs you hear and you just go "That's my song", that was kinda my reaction. You feel that it was written out of a need to state that we are His beloved and nothing can separate us from His love. I do have bad habit of gushing about songs I love lol, so I'll try to leave at that and let you hear it for yourself.

Good songs can be so healing and I believe that God is using this song to touch peoples lives, it's definitely touched mine.

"Well, I can't make sense of it
But it's my security
Nothing can separate the love
The love He has for me"

Lara, who is on Whiplash Records, started a Kickerstarter campaign to raise money to record her new album already titled, "Overcome". The campaign lasts till June 25th and you can pledge as little as $1.00 and up. With the different amounts that you donate you will get gifts ranging from free mp3s, a Skype chat with Lara, to a free concert for you and friends.

Lara has been open about going through some hard times and depression, she has stated that the songs on the new album are about overcoming the pain, "The Bible says we will overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony. Well, I believe what the Bible says and these songs are a testimony-documentation of the dark struggle and of God’s goodness- of Life and Worship. He is truly the Lifter of My Head (Psalm 3:3) and for that I must praise Him".  If you believe in Lara's ministry I encourage you to head on over to her Kickstarter, where you can also hear clips of the new songs, and become a backer!

Music video for “Beloved”

For more info on Lara Landon go to:

http://www.facebook.com/laralandonmusic?sk=app_178091127385

http://www.laralandononline.com/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laralandon/overcome-life-and-worship-album

No comments:

Post a Comment