Sunday, November 24, 2013

Currently…

003new

012new

I rarely ever write in my journal anymore... I blame blogging for this, but that's a different subject for a different time. But every now and again when I do open up one of my many (mostly scribbled in) journals I like doing this little writing prompt. It's basically like the "Currently" posts you see on a lot of blogs. But I actually got it from a blog full of writing & journaling prompts some years back. It's a fun & easy way to journal and remember what you were doing & thinking on a particular day and season in your life.

I thought I would share this one that I wrote a couple days ago. It was a beautiful and breezy fall evening and I was all cozy in my room with the window open, coffee in hand, and some good music playing. So it seemed like the perfect time for a little journaling!

Seeing -  The tree outside my bedroom window, leaves falling and blowing in the wind.

Hearing – Music: “Perfectly Aligned” by Milo Greene playing on my stereo. The wind blowing through my open bedroom window. 

Tasting – Pumpkin spice coffee… been making it constantly this fall using International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer. So delish!!

Smelling – The pumpkiny scent of the coffee I’m sipping.

Feeling – The cold breeze… feels like heaven! Peaceful right now, though I’ve been rather anxious lately.

Loving -  This beautiful fall weather! The season in general, fall foods & baked goods, crafts, ect.

Reading – Been trying to re-read “Black” by Ted Dekker… but haven’t gotten very far.

Anticipating – Thanksgiving next week! Shopping for all the ingredients for the big feast. And all the cooking & baking I get to do! Holiday cooking & baking is one of my favorite things in the world!

Making – Memories. Cookies for the Food Blogger Cookie Swap.

Wishing – That the future wasn’t so scary & uncertain.

If you decide to do one of your own on your blog leave the link in the comments, would love to check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment