Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Just Wondering

I wrote this lyric about 3 years ago, but somehow, it feels really appropriate for this season of life. This is a lyric about the relationships in our lives that seem to change and disconnect almost overnight. One day you're close to someone and then, what feels like the next day, you find that you've grown apart. And somehow, there's now a distance that seems impossible to cross. An invisible chasm keeping you from getting to that person.

People change and go in different directions, and when this happens, it leaves you wondering. Wondering if that connection was so important to both of you, why didn't you do more to protect it? It leaves you wondering if it can be saved and if that bridge can be crossed. Wondering if it's worth it.


Just Wondering

Hello, how's your day been? Haven't talked for a while so I was just wondering. So much has changed, and pictures only tell of what was back in the day. Growing up isn't as easy as we hoped it would be. Or as familiar as our small town's streets. As our lives stretch in different ways will this connection disintegrate or sustain?

(Chorus)
So I'm just wondering, how deep do the waters run? So I'm just wondering, how far is the valley from the sun? I miss you but I can't figure out how to get to you. So I'm just wondering, do you even want me to?

Oh I just want to be real with you. So much superficial mud to get through. No, I wouldn't lie but I'm just having trouble telling you what I think you should hear tonight.

(Repeat chorus)

No more fake, no more phony, just honesty. Don't wanna lose this closeness. It's slipping through our fingers so fast, faster than sand in an hour glass. And soon the waves will crash and the clocks second hand will pass. Soon it could all be over, all in the past. Oh friend, I'm afraid of that.

(Repeat chorus 2x)

Hello, how's your day been? You haven't asked me for a while. Are you even wondering?


(C) Krystal Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment