Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Songs & Movies!

Ah, it’s that time of year again! Christmas has always been my favorite holiday! There’s so much to love about the season. But two of my very favorite things about this time of year have got to be all the great music and movies! And yes, I’m one of those people who start listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies (Yay Hallmark Channel!) as early as possible! :) Below is a list of some of my favorite Christmas songs and movies! Hope you guys are enjoying the holiday season! :)

PINK_CHRISTMAS_TREE

My Christmas Playlist ~

There are so many sounds to Christmas… I love that the music of the season ranges from fun and cheerful, to soft and quiet, to almost ethereal and mysterious in sound. Sounds that seem to embody all the emotions of the season. This is a playlist of some of my Christmas staples as well as some new favorites. I tried to limit this playlist to 20 songs…I really did, but there are just too many good ones that I couldn’t bear to leave off the list! lol

1. Why Can’t It Be Christmastime All Year by Rosie Thomas

2. I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm by Billie Holiday

3. Man With The Bag by Vonda Shepard

4. Christmas Don’t Be Late by Molly Jenson

5. Santa Baby by Madonna

6. All I Want For Christmas Is You by House of Heroes

7. Baby, Please Come Home by Anberlin

8. Christmas Eve(Sarajevo 12/24) by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

9. God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman by Barenaked Ladies featuring Sarah Mclachlan

10. Christmastime Is Here by Sixpence None The Richer

11. 2000 Decembers Ago by Joy Williams

12. Wishing For This by Leigh Nash

13. Little Drummer Boy by The Almost

14. I Celebrate The Day by Relient K

15. You’re Here by Francesca Battistelli

16. Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant

17. What Child Is This by Kenny G

18. Oh Holy Night by Rebecca St. James

19. Let It Snow/Sleigh Ride by Point of Grace

20. Don’t Save It All For Christmas Day by Avalon

21. No Christmas For Me by Zee Avi

22. It’s Christmas by Nsync

23. My Favorite Things by Tony Bennet

24. What Are You Doing On New Years Eve by Harry Connick Jr. or Ella Fitzgerald

25. Happy Holidays by Peggy Lee

 

Review: "The Christmas Classics" EP by House Of Heroes ~

hoh

House Of Heroes singing a Mariah Carey song? May sound a little odd, but it's a fun surprise you get to hear on the bands three song EP, aptly named, "The Christmas Classics", which released last Christmas. The EP starts off with the Mariah Carey Christmas classic "All I Want For Christmas Is You". I was a little surprised to hear them sing this song as I've never heard a guy sing it before. But in my opinion, they really do it justice. Lead singer, Tim Skipper's smooth vocals sound awesome on this song. Yes, ladies, you will swoon. ;) Next is the song "Silent Night", which the guys kept traditional. The background vocals on this song was a highlight to me. Last song, "O Come, O Come Emmanuel", sounds traditional all the way through until the end when the guitars pick up and Tim's rock vocal kicks the song into high gear. It may just be three songs but it's a must have for any House Of Heroes fan. Plus, this digital only EP is only $1.98 on Amazon.com. If you like traditional Christmas songs with a little twist this is the EP for you.

To purchase this EP Click Here

Best Original Christmas Songs ~

1. I Celebrate The Day by Relient K

2. 2000 Decembers Ago by Joy Williams

3. To Be With You by Sara Groves

4. Wishing For This by Leigh Nash

5. Why Can't It Be Christmastime All Year by Rosie Thomas

6. Hibernate by Jars Of Clay

7. You're Here by Francesca Batteselli

8. Don’t Save It All For Christmas Day by Avalon

9. Christmas Is All In The Heart by Steven Curtis Chapman

10. Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant

Christmas Cd’s and Eps To Check Out ~

Tracks In The Snow – The Civil Wars (Free @ https://www.noisetrade.com/thecivilwars )

Advent Christmas Ep, Vol. 2 – Future Of Forestry

Happy Christmas Vol. 5 – Various Artists

O Holy Night Tour: Live The Prison Show – Sara Groves (Free @ www.saragroves.com)

Over The Hills And Everywhere: A Christmas EP – SeaBird

Songs For Christmas – Phil Wickham

No Gift To Bring - The Almost

The Silent Night EP - Seabird

The Family Force 5 Christmas Pageant - Family Force 5

Punk Rawk Christmas - MXPX

Christmas EP - Aaron Shust

Gloria EP - Hawk Nelson

My Holiday - Mindy Smith

A Very Rosie Christmas - Rosie Thomas

Wishing For This - Leigh Nash

My Top 5 Christmas Movies ~

1. The Christmas List ~

2746c060ada0e320f35d9110_L__SL500_AA300_

Though this movie aired on The Family Channel in 1997, it’s still one of my very favorites! My family and I watch it every year.

2. The Santa Clause ~

712N3XHW6AL__SL500_AA300_

Who doesn’t love this movie? It’s a Christmas tradition.

3. Christmas With The Kranks ~

51718KX9R8L__SL500_AA300_

This movie can always make me laugh! A new favorite in the last few years. 

4. A Christmas Story ~

51j1LNP6EpL__SL500_AA300_

Ah, a classic! My family and I leave it on TBS every Christmas Eve for 24 hours of this quirky movie. It’s simply not Christmas unless I get to wrap gifts while watching A Christmas Story. :)

5. Eve’s Christmas ~

51ZZRJEPREL__SL500_AA300_

I’ve loved this made for Tv Christmas movie ever since I saw it on Lifetime in 2005. Now it’s a must see for me every year!

 

ist2_7283400-retro-pink-christmas-tree-and-design-elements

No comments:

Post a Comment