Thursday, September 15, 2011

Music Break - “My Father’s Father” by The Civil Wars

Thought I’d stop in today and share a song that has been on constant rotation in my headphones lately. It comes from this amazing duo… you may have heard of them by now (and if you haven’t you are in some serious musical deprivation, my friend) , The Civil Wars! The song, “My Father’s Father”, is so beautiful and totally calming to me. Not just the song itself but the way that Joy and John Paul sing it. I find that I have the goofiest grin on my face whenever I listen to this or any song by these two (it’s sad really lol). But this one in particular is a favorite for me right now.

And seriously, how completely and utterly magical is their chemistry and connection in this video?? It just makes the whole thing that much more enchanting… and it really makes me understand why people have such a hard time believing these two are not married. I always say there are two things almost everyone says, apart from how amazing their music is, when they are first introduced to The Civil Wars; one being that John Paul is a dead ringer for Johnny Depp (so true) and “wait a minute, they’re married just not to each other?”. Those tend to be the two general responses lol.

Okay, I suppose that’s enough gushing for now! Enjoy the lovely tune! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment