Monday, October 3, 2011

Hey Stranger

{Wrote this lyric about a year ago and came across it again last night. For some reason it just never felt like the right time to post it; but now it seems appropriate for this season of life.}

You won't let me be there, won't tell me what's going on. Won't tell me where your head and heart are at. Oh it's been too long since we had an honest conversation, since you let me in. Since we were real and not pretending, oh where do we begin? So tell me, what's the song that you've singing? What's the dream that you've been dreaming? I really do want to know. Even though I fear what I'll find is a person I don't even know.

{Chorus}
Hey stranger, how did things change so fast? Hey stranger, why can't some things last? Hey stranger, thought it would stand the test of time. Oh how I wish I didn't have to say goodbye to a person I once knew, now you're a stranger to me and I'm a stranger to you.

Why so secretive? You used to tell me everything. I'm not used to this silence and it's driving me crazy. Yeah I could try to say "I don't care" but in the end it would be a lie. But as time goes on I find myself losing the want to try. Trying to hold on to what I thought was real and tangible, but if we could let it go so quickly, then was it just disposable?

{Repeat Chorus}

I wasn't prepared for the split on this road. I wasn't prepared to have to let you go. Was hoping we could travel this journey together. But you can't travel with a person you don't even know. I looked at a photo of you today and quietly asked "Where did you go?" I'm left with a stranger who was once a friend of my soul.

{Repeat Chorus 2x}

© Krystal Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment