Monday, October 24, 2011

Things That Made Me Smile This Week

“This is the stuff that drives me crazy. This is the stuff that's getting to me lately. In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed.” – This Is The Stuff by Francesca Battistelli

Do you ever have those days … or weeks … okay maybe even months where everything just seems to well .. suck? lol Where things just seem like a rollercoaster you can’t get off of? We all do. And it’s so easy in the midst of all of the craziness to forget how truly blessed we are and that, while things may be hard, God still gives us things to smile about along the way. I never want to forget that. I never want to lose sight of the many reasons there are to wake up and smile. Because God does bring beauty and hope in the midst of the ashes. So in honor of trying to keep all this in mind, to learn to value even the mundane details of life, I’m going to start making a weekly list of things that made me smile and things to be thankful for. So I hope you enjoy reading my first installment and feel free to post things that made you smile this week as well! :)

 

Things That Made Me Smile List ~

*Getting to see two of my very favorite bands, Switchfoot & Anberlin, in concert at Stubbs in Austin on Tuesday! This was my 5th time seeing Switchfoot and my 1st time seeing Anberlin, and neither bands disappointed. It felt so awesome to get lost in the music, singing & rocking out to all my favorite songs. It was a crazy awesome show and I seriously had a blast!

sfaustin

(photo of Switchfoot @ Stubbs from twitter.com/switchfoot)

*Getting a chance to hang out with friends that I haven’t seen in a while at the concert. Talking and laughing with them was something I so needed and put a huge smile on my face.

*Pretty fall weather! Cool, crisp fall days are few and far between here in TX. But we did have a couple really windy, cool days this past week that felt like heaven! My favorite kind of days are when the sun is shining and the wind is blowing through your hair. It makes me feel so light and happy. Fall is my favorite season so I take every chance I get to breathe that in.

leaves

(photo from pinterest.com)

*Hanging out in downtown Austin with my family. Some of the places we stopped at were a dessert trailer called Holy Cacao, where I got a super delish peanut butter cake pop! Lunch at Kerbey Lane, our first time there, we loved it! Whole Foods, I’m one of those weird people that likes grocery shopping and this store is like the mother ship, no seriously – free samples of everything, and Salted Caramel Gelato…need I say more?! And we made a quick stop at Coco’s for bubble tea! So yeah, I have a major crush on you Austin… I think it could be love. ;)

holy-cacao

 kerbeylane-austin

(photos from Google images)

So there’s my first list! It actually made me feel a little better just seeing it all written out! Hope you guys have a very happy and blessed week with lots of reasons to smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment