Monday, March 25, 2013

Currently…

571e0d5cb1196c6f791b533a52a5e8fe

Reading: Um… sad to say nothing at the moment lol. But the last book I read was “A Homemade Life” by food blogger, Molly Wizenberg. Let me tell you, I fell head over heels in love with this book! It actually came out a few years ago but I just got it as a Christmas gift. It’s half memoir half cookbook. Molly shares her beautiful stories of growing up with foodie parents who gave her a love of cooking, losing her dad to cancer, living in Paris, and meeting the love of her life through her blog, Orangette. Each chapter ends with one or two delicious recipes that tie into her stories. If you’re a foodie, this is the book for you! It will make you want to get in your kitchen and cook and bake your heart out! 

Watching: The Holiday! It’s on right now in the background as I am blogging. It’s one of my favorite movies, never get tired of it.

Thinking about: How I haven’t blogged in a while. It’s funny, I can get so frustrated with the whole blogging thing sometimes but when I don’t do it, I miss it. Go figure!

Anticipating: My sister coming to visit in a couple weeks! We actually just got to go visit her for the first time since she moved to GA, which was so fun! But our cousin just had her first baby, an adorable baby boy, so she’s planning to come down to meet the little guy! Really excited for us all to be together again!

Listening to: “Heartbeat” by Kopecky Family Band. Just discovered these guys and I’m really digging them! Check ‘em out:

Eating: Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Bars. Found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. I was a little skeptical as in my experience any recipe with the word “healthy” in the title tends to be questionable, but these are actually pretty delish!

Working on: Getting fit & healthy! It’s not easy but I’m trying. And I was working on this making this cake stand a week or so ago. I made it out of a plate my mom bought at Target and a milk glass goblet I found at the antique store in my town. I think it’s my favorite one yet.

003 - Copy

Wishing: That I could’ve gone to this years SXSW! So many awesome artists were playing, drove me crazy to have to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment