Saturday, June 22, 2013

Walton’s Fancy and Staple in Austin

016

Hey lovelies! On Thursday I took a little road trip for the day with my family to my favorite city, Austin! It had been a little over a year since the last time I was there (I live 3 hours away) and I had really been missing it! But we were actually there for a specific purpose, so I could take a little tour of where I might, in the hopefully near future, be going to culinary school, Le Cordon Bleu! I know I have yet to mention it on here but I have been considering attending culinary school for a while now and well, it truly doesn’t get much better than Le Cordon Bleu. After this tour I couldn’t be more convinced of that. But I’ll blog more about all of that very soon!

After the tour, we got a chance to stop & grab a bite to eat at a place I have been wanting to check out for some time now, Walton’s Fancy and Staple! It’s actually one of Sandra Bullock’s two restaurants on 6th street, the other being Bess, which I hope to check out on my next visit. But I’m a total sucker for cute cafes and Walton’s had my heart as soon as I walked through the doors.

015

Walton’s sells a variety of sandwiches, soups, salads, coffee, desserts, as well as flowers & gifts. The place is so lovely! A little smaller & more compact than I expected but so cute!

014 - Copy

001

002

004

I loved the décor & atmosphere of Walton’s! Brick walls, hanging light fixtures, vintage wooden tables, flowers everywhere, not to mention the pretty display cases of delectable treats! It all just beckons you to sit down & relax with a latte & a macaron. Which is exactly what I did!

But first I did order a sandwich, I got the Freebird Chicken, which is grilled free-range chicken, jalapeno mayo, lettuce, tomato, & provolone cheese on multigrain bread. And in all honesty, it was good, but not rave worthy, in my opinion. But the coffee & macarons on the other hand definitely were!

012

013 - Copy

Okay, this Mocha Latte & Raspberry Macaron were so delish, let me tell ya! The latte was so creamy, I drank just about the whole thing…would have finished it if I hadn’t already felt so full lol. Plus, isn’t it pretty?! I love latte art! And the raspberry macaron was just about the best I’ve ever tasted! If I could’ve taken a whole box of these babies home, I would’ve! I do plan to finally try my hand at macarons very soon (picked up a bag of almond flour while in Austin at Whole Foods) and they will definitely be raspberry… and hopefully edible. ;)

009

In addition to the macaron, my mom & I shared a chocolate cupcake with cookie dough frosting. I really loved the taste of the frosting but it was way too hard and stiff to eat. I think it was still too cold from being refrigerated. If it had time to sit out for a while I think it would’ve been really good.

005

My dad ordered their chocolate caramel tart. So pretty, isn’t it? He wasn’t a huge fan but my mom & I were and gladly took it off his hands lol.

All in all, I really enjoyed Walton’s! If I do move to Austin to attend Le Cordon Bleu I can totally see going there to enjoy a latte and relax, read, or blog. It’s totally worth checking out if for no other reason than the delish coffee, desserts, sweet staff, and calming atmosphere. Definitely looking forward to paying Walton’s another visit next time I’m in Austin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment