Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cherry Limeade & End of Summer Playlist

Summer is quickly coming to a close and so I thought maybe I should finally post my summer playlist… you know, before fall gets here. I have been posting summer music playlists for the past few years now and I always mean to post it early… somehow that never seems to happen. I have no idea why really other than this annoying thing called procrastination. But better late than never, right? So today I’m sharing all the tunes that have made up my summer! But first… a recipe!

One of mine and my family’s favorite places to go for a coke and a burger is Sonic. It’s one of the few fast food places in our small town so we go pretty often but I find myself frequenting it more in the summer. Especially during happy hour for half priced sodas (what I call the “non-drinkers version of happy hour” ;))! While my usual order is a Dr. Pepper with vanilla, every now and again in the summer, I crave an ice cold Cherry Limeade. But I just discovered that with a few simple ingredients, you can make it at home! And it seriously could not be easier.

This refreshing and sweet drink is the perfect pick me up on a hot day… and we Texan’s still have quite a few of those ahead. Be sure to fix you a pitcher before summer ends!

Sonic’s Copycat Cherry Limeade -

(Recipe found @ http://www.sixsistersstuff.com)

039new

Who knew that a simple mix of limeade concentrate, Sprite, and cherry juice could be so delish?! That’s pretty much all this drink is and it tastes identical to Sonic’s!

058new

Add in lots of crushed ice, a few cherries, and garnish with a slice of lime! It’s really the perfect summer drink! :)

Ingredients:

1 can frozen limeade concentrate

1 (2 liter) bottle of lemon-lime soda

Juice from 1 (10 oz) jar of maraschino cherries

Fresh limes, sliced (optional)
Ice

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately. You can also throw in some maraschino cherries if you would like. For a slushier drink, use limeade concentrate that is completely frozen. Add ice and garnish with a slice of lime if desired.

End of Summer Playlist -

“You bring the ocean, I'll bring emotion. Together we'll make a love potion.” – St. Croix by Family of the Year

009new

(Photo of the pretty bay in my town.)

So in my crazed music obsessed mind every season, every holiday, every occasion needs its own soundtrack. And summer is always a fun one for me to make. Some of these songs are old favorites, like “Summertime” by Mae and “Love Love Love” by Tristan Prettyman. And some have become recent summer staples such as “When I’m With You” by Best Coast and “St. Croix” by Family of the Year. All of them make this hot & humid season a little more bearable for me. :)

Summer 2013 by Krystal Rodriguez on Grooveshark

Have a fun & safe Labor Day weekend and enjoy what’s left of your summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment