Thursday, November 17, 2011

10 Things I'm Loving!

1. Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath Gel from Bath & Body Works -

jcherryblossom

I bought a small bottle of this bath gel a couple weeks ago and it's just about gone. It smells so lovely! And what I love best about it is how that lovely scent stays on your skin hours after you shower.

2. The Civil Wars’ Album, "Barton Hollow”-

the_civil_wars_barton_hollow

I've been listening to & loving The Civil Wars since I first fell head over heels in love with their song, "Poison & Wine" a couple years ago. And even though this album released in February of this year... I just barely bought it. Though I still have managed to enjoy and know almost all their songs thanks to their free live album and YouTube videos! But I'm so glad to finally have this album; it hasn't left my cd player since I got it in the mail on Monday. It's truly beautiful, magical, and exquisite.... every track! The Civil Wars make music that demands your attention; you have to stop whatever you're doing just so you can savor every note (& sing along...which I do). This album has my heart! :)

3. Oreos dipped in melted chocolate chips mixed with a couple tbsp. of peanut butter, & chilled for just a little bit in the fridge = my new favorite snack. :)

4. Revisiting old TV favorites like The Wonder Years & Family Ties - We've been getting a free preview on our satellite of a channel called the HUB; and every night they give a couple episodes of both The Wonder Years & Family Ties. I used to love these shows when I was a kid and it's so fun to go back and get to see them all over again! I mean who didn't love the penny pinching, republican, Alex Keaton? And who can forget Kevin Arnold & Winnie Cooper? C'mon, classics, right? ;)

5. Making our Thanksgiving Day menu & grocery list; and buying what's on the list! Can’t wait to get cooking.. and eating! I love Thanksgiving!

6. Getting orders for my Pumpkin Rolls!

pumpkinroll

(Pinterest.com)

Every year I make these delish pumpkin cake rolls for family, it's a yearly tradition that I absolutely love! It wouldn't feel like Thanksgiving if I didn't get to bake a couple (or 5) Pumpkin Rolls!

7. Finally seeing the leaves fall & change colors! Fall always seems to arrive late here in TX. But I’m starting to see my yard covered with orange and red leaves, and that makes me very happy!

8. Buffalo Chicken Dip -

buffalo

(Pinterest.com)

This is my favorite dip ever! Shredded chicken, mixed in creamy ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, & cream cheese, hot sauce to make it spicy... but not too spicy, topped with cheddar cheese and baked till melty and bubbly! By the way, don't just limit yourself to eating it with chips. It's so versatile; try it on a piece of French bread, grilled like a grilled cheese ... trust me, it's heaven on earth!

Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup blue cheese dressing
3/4 cup ranch dressing
2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup Frank’s® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce or Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips
Baking pan

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing in Nonstick 3 1/2-Qt. Saucepan. Heat and stir until smooth and creamy. Stir in chicken and hot sauce. Spoon mixture into a square baking pan and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. Serves 8.

9. Listening to Christmas music on Pandora & Sirius XM - Yes, I have begun the Christmas music already (actually I started in Oct. but who's keeping track?) and I'm loving it! I've been feeling holly jolly, merry & bright, and I am ready to deck the halls! :D

10. This song & very creative (& messy) video by Lisa Hannigan -

Seriously, how can you not smile when watching this? I’ve been loving Lisa’s music so much lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment