Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fall Playlist + Thanksgiving recap!

 016

Hey lovelies! Hope y’all had a nice Thanksgiving with lots to be thankful for! I am now sick with the flu (thanks to my sister for passing around the holiday cheer), but I did have a lovely holiday with my family.

My mom & I did all the cooking & baking ourselves the day before while singing along to lots of Christmas music on Pandora (it’s kinda merging the holidays, I know, but we like it that way). We must’ve been in the kitchen pretty much all day on Wednesday but it was worth it; everything turned out so delish! And cooking & baking for the holidays is such a highlight for me. We had a low key & quiet holiday; starting the morning out with the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade as usual (to me it just wouldn’t be thanksgiving without it), stuffed our faces with way too much turkey & dressing ect., a small of game of Taboo, then watched Charlie Brown on tv in the evening. Though I still feel like I’m recovering from the food hangover; it was nice to spend the holiday with the people I love.

Above is a photo of our table all set and ready for the feast … or the turkey coma … same difference. ;)

001 

This was one of the desserts we made; Cinnamon Toffee Cheesecake. At our house it’s just not the holidays without at least one cheesecake. This is a recipe that my sister came up with last year & we all loved it. But this year I had to make it since she was sick & I think I did it justice … if I do say so myself. It has a gingersnap crust, creamy cinnamon cheesecake filling, toffee bits in the center, a topping of sour cream & cinnamon sugar, & finished off with a chocolate drizzle & toffee bits. Yes, it is as decadent & evil as it sounds. And it has all of the flavors of the holidays. :)

008

We also made this beauty; a Tiramisu Trifle! I think I’ve mentioned before that Tiramisu is one of my very favorite desserts and this trifle was such a great version of it. It has layers of a espresso & cream cheese filling, fresh whipped cream, chocolate cookie crumbs, & topped off with a light dusting of cocoa powder and chocolate shavings. I plan to post this recipe soon; it turned out so delish! It made a very pretty addition to our Thanksgiving table!

This year has been a hard one for me but even in the midst of that, God has been so faithful and loving to me. I have so much to be thankful for and I never want to lose sight of that.

Fall Playlist 

Well I know now that Thanksgiving is over, and fall is coming to an end (can’t believe tomorrow will be December already), everyone is ready to begin decking the halls (actually we began last week). But seeing as how fall is my very favorite season, I thought I’d share my fall playlist with you guys! These are songs that I’ve been loving through out the season as well as songs that feel like fall to me! So I hope you guys enjoy & that you had the loveliest of fall seasons! :)

Fall Mix by Krystal Rodriguez on Grooveshark

 smallglitterpumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment