Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Things That Made Smile … Birthday Recap!

On the 5th of this month I celebrated my 27th birthday (wow, that sounds old)! I’ve always been the type to love birthdays... I mean a whole day dedicated to you, what’s not to love, right? :p This year felt like a very special birthday…simplistic but special. So in trying to keep up my “Things that made me smile list”; I thought I’d do a little recap of the festivities! :)

tiramisuft-4 

Yes, this is how my birthday started; my sweet sister and mom made me breakfast in bed! They made me Tiramisu French Toast! Not a bad way to wake up, my friend. ;) Tiramisu is one of my very favorite desserts so this delish french toast was right up my ally. Let me tell you, it’s amazing! Thick french bread with creamy mascarpone cheese, a light coffee flavor, dusted with cocoa powder, and drizzled with honey. So decadent! This most definitely put an instant smile on my face … especially since they delivered it singing me Happy Birthday! :D I found out later that my sister had actually been planning this for a while; how sweet! :)

(Photo & recipe for these lovelies found here)  

thelocal

Later that day, my family and I went out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants called, The Local. I love this place; a cute & cozy cafe kind of atmosphere with an adorable gift shop inside. And the food…they serve a very eclectic menu, everything from burgers, soups & sandwiches, to chicken pot pie and enchiladas. They also have delish desserts (like Pumpkin Whoopie Pies) and coffee. Every time I eat here I always say I’m going to order something different but I kind of have a slight addiction to their Goldrush burger; it has bbq sauce and bacon…and tastes like hamburger heaven ;). If you’re ever in the Lake Jackson, TX area, be sure to stop by The Local! :)

(Photo of The Local found here)

After we ate, we headed over to the mall and did a little shopping at another one of my favorite places, Bath & Body Works! Man, can I spend time… and money in there lol! And of course, I could not and did not walk out empty handed, I bought the Twilight Woods Body Butter & Shimmer Mist, and Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath Gel.

And last but certainly not least, we came home and closed the birthday festivities with this beauty…

chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake

For my birthday cake this year I made one of my very favorite desserts, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake!

chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake.jpg3

This is my favorite cheesecake and I only make it once or twice a year so I was really looking forward to it! A chocolate chip cookie crust, creamy cheesecake filling with bits of chocolate chip cookie dough through out, drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with cookie crumbs… yes, it tastes as amazing and evil as it sounds! :) My family insisted on singing happy birthday and me blowing out a candle (even though I said that poking a candle in the pretty cheesecake just seemed wrong ;)) Here’s hoping my birthday wish will come true! :p

All in all, I had a very nice 27th! It was just special spending it with my family. Especially my sister who I’ve always been real close to but haven’t seen much lately. She’s moving to GA in a few months so to have this time was extra special. I really felt quite spoiled, I must admit! :) I also feel like after all this fattening food it might be time for a post birthday diet lol. ;) But here’s hoping the 28th will be just as special. I feel excited and yet slightly scared of all that God has for me in this 27th year; I know if I let him he will make it a beautiful year in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment