Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekly Inspirations

Sometimes inspiration comes from the most random places. I love stumbling onto things that spark my creativity and imagination. Especially on the days when inspiration and creativity seem to have run dry it can be a breath of fresh air to happen upon a beautiful video, song, or quote. So I thought I’d share some of the things that have been inspiring me lately. May make this a weekly thing. Hope you find some inspiration here as well! :)

Fell in love with this cute and whimsical lookbook from Closet Case Vintage. The clothes are adorable and make me want to buy everything from their shop. But also love the song and just the whole look of the video. Plus any video that has kittens and cupcakes in it is a winner in my book lol. ;)

This lovely home tour by blogger, Casey Wiegand. Her home is so pretty! Love her style!

sweet boutique

This yummy looking cupcake display from The Sweet Boutique in Sugarland, Tx. I just discovered this bakery when I went to pick up my bridesmaids dress for my sisters wedding and saw this place close by. Let me tell you, I fell in love with this place! I tried their Salted Caramel cupcake and one of their chocolate macarons; so delish! Probably one of the best cupcakes I’ve ever had! It was so moist and the frosting was a fluffy and pillowy heaven! The macaron was also amazing, it was the first one I’ve ever tried and now I think I’m hooked.

If you get a chance, give this place a shot. Now because of this bakery I’ve been inspired to try and make my own macarons (which I’ve actually wanted to make for a while) and Swiss Meringue Buttercream, which is what they use on their cupcakes. Hoping to try my hand at them soon! :)

So I just stumbled onto the wonder that is Kate Bush. I don’t know how in the world I never knew about her music. This music video came out when I was just a year old and I’m barely discovering it now. Why did no one ever tell me about the awesomeness I was missing out on?! This song and music video are amazing. I love the dancing in the video, it’s so beautiful. I’ve been loving this track as well as “The Sensual World”. Kate’s music is so unique, beautiful, and slightly weird lol, but I love it!

This blog written in honor of Julia Child’s 100th birthday, Life Lessons: What I learned from Julia Child. 

81768549454713012_RTu4xpvO_c

(Source)

How beautiful is this quote? I found it so lovely and inspiring. It’s a good reminder to always keep our heads up.

the-hunger-games

Just saw this movie last night for the first time (think I was the only person in the world who hadn’t seen it yet) and loved it. It was so easy to get lost in the story and the characters. I finally see what all the hype is about. Actually thinking about reading the books now.

No comments:

Post a Comment