Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall To-Do List

fall1

“Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!” – Robert Lewis Stevenson

Saturday was the first official day of the fall…my very favorite season! You know, summer is nice and all…but I don't know about you but I’m always counting down the days till the stubborn summertime finally takes a back seat to lovely fall. There is just a magic and whimsy to the season that makes me a very happy gal. And I am so happy to report that it seems the season has made it’s way to Texas a little earlier than usual as we’ve had some cooler temps lately. Especially in the evening, it feels like heaven…you can just smell it, fall is in the air.

The fall décor is out, pumpkin candles are burning, candy corn is lying around the house, and I’m already buying up ingredients for some fall baking (yes, get ready for pumpkin everything). So in honor of making sure to soak it all in, I made a little list below of some of the things I want to do before the season is over. Hope you enjoy reading!

Happy Fall loves! :)

                    My Fall To-Do List -

  1. Do some fall crafts such as: glitter pumpkins, fall wreath, leaf bunting, leaf lantern, and waxed leaves – Is there not something extra fun and cozy about crafting in the fall? Open up some windows to let the cool, crisp air flow in, put on some pretty music, and craft while sipping on a pumpkin spice latte…okay, so that was a bit idealistic but it’s a nice idea, no? ;) I’m hoping to tackle at least a few of these adorable fall crafts before the season’s over. Will post the results!
  2. Make a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte – I became obsessed with making iced pumpkin spice lattes last year and basically drank them all season. I definitely plan on making them again but also want to make a regular one as well.
  3. Carve a pumpkin
  4. Watch Coraline – I love this weird and quirky movie! While I’ll watch it anytime, there’s just something about watching it in the fall, specifically around Halloween, that just feels right.
  5. Make a fall playlist – Must have a mix cd or two with pretty, whimsical music to accompany the season. By the way, am I the only one that when fall hits feels like listening to artists such as Ella Fitzgerald and Billy Holiday? Something about this season puts me in the mood for old jazz standards, I suppose. :)
  6. Cook some of my favorite fall meals such as Chicken & Dumplings and Chili – When the weather starts to get even the slightest bit cooler I want comfort food. Ya feel me?
  7. Find a pumpkin patch and corn field maze – Wanted to go to one last year but didn’t get a chance to. Just sounds too fun!
  8. Make apple cider & this recipe for Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
  9. Bake some Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars Made these last year and loved them! So delish, can’t wait to make ‘em again.
  10. Take as many walks in the cool air as I can – I miss going for walks at the bay in my town…haven’t done it all summer seeing as heat stroke is just not my idea of fun. But the cooler weather we’ve had lately is beckoning me out doors to soak it up as much as I possibly can.

So that’s my little list of fall to-dos! Can’t wait to dive into them! What are you looking forward to doing this fall?

fall2

2 comments:

  1. this is a fun list. BUTTTTTTT i think you need to add one, Come see me! :) Just saying. We could go to a pumpkin patch & carve a pumpkin! Also, we should make Jen come too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know, I knew something was missing from the list ;). Sounds like a plan to me! Let's do it! :D

      Delete