Hey foodies! Time to reveal the box full of goodies I received in September’s Foodie Penpals! This time around I received a lovely package from Bailey who lives in CA. She did such an awesome job of filling it with lots of yummy treats! Totally made up for not getting a box in August…yes, that kinda sucked… but I’m not bitter ;). Anyway, as soon as I snapped a couple photos I dove right in!
- Peanut Brittle from Bravo Farms Cheese Factory – So let’s start out with what is probably my favorite item. This peanut brittle is so delish! Seriously, it’s just about gone as I’ve been munching on it all week.
- French Burnt Peanuts from Bravo Farms Cheese Factory – This was the first time I ever tried french burnt peanuts and while they aren’t my favorite, they do have a pretty good smoky flavor to them. I’m actually trying to think of a way I can incorporate them into my baking somehow. We shall see!
- A dozen cookies from Smith’s Bakery – These soft, chewy, and buttery cookies were the very first thing I went for upon opening the box. Delish!
- Multi Sunburst Popcorn Kernels – I love this kind of popcorn…so much better than microwave, in my opinion. I’ve yet to open this bottle but I’m looking forward to it!
- A sampler pack of 4 popcorn seasonings – Along with the popcorn, Bailey sent me this sampler pack of seasonings! These seasonings sound so delish, they include: Creamy Ranch, Buttery Jalapeno, Zesty Cheddar Cheese, and Movie Theater Style. The popcorn with these yummy seasonings has movie night written all over it! Movie recommendations, anyone? ;)
- Two different types of gum – And last but certainly not least…possibly the two cutest packs of gum I’ve ever seen! One says “Follow Your Dreams” and has a picture of a cat off in the sunset on the front!! Seriously, how cute is that? It has a fruity flavor that reminds me of Juicy Fruit. And I got such a kick out of the other one, “Supermodel Meal in a Box” gum…which boasts “8 complete meals” ;). The back of the box cracked me up, “Now the waif like 5-9, 97 pound frame that once seemed impossible can be yours! Pan seared duck alongside grilled sweet onion topped with a blackberry confit and rich brandy demi-glaze, all packed into a cinnamon flavored gum.” Ha! Love it! And love the spicy cinnamon flavor of this gum. Only one piece left…sad :(.
I just want to say thank you to Bailey for all these delish goodies; I’m so enjoying them! Also, thank you to Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean for making all this possible! And if you want to see the goodies I sent to my Foodie Penpal, April, click on over to her lovely blog!
Sadly, I’m going to have to skip Foodie Penpals for October since this is going to be a particularly busy month for me (first time skipping since I started participating in May). But will definitely be picking it back up in November! And if this appeals to the Foodie in you, think about joining in the fun! More info below! :)
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for October, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by October 4th as pairings will be emailed on October 5th!