Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brightly Wound – An Art Journal Page

079

Brightly Wound by Eisley on Grooveshark

“I shall never grow up/Make believe is much too fun/Can we go far away to the humming meadow” 

That’s the chorus to my favorite Eisley song called, “Brightly Wound”. It’s also the song that inspired this art journal page I worked on last night! This song is actually from their very first album entitled, “Room Noises”. I’ve been a huge Eisley fan since I saw them in concert in 2005 and even years later, this is still my favorite song by them. It’s so whimsical and magical! It never fails to make me feel happy and warm whenever I hear it.

I’ve been listening to it a lot more lately than usual and always find myself humming it throughout the day. The lyrics just evoke such a child like innocence. It’s the type of song I will probably sing as a lullaby to my future kids someday. So last night, as I was listening to this song, I got inspired to create an art journal page with this lyric in mind. I’m really happy with how it turned out! In fact, I think it’s the best one I’ve done so far.

I think my favorite elements are the floral fabric I used for the background and the letter stamps I used to add the lyrics onto the page. It was a really fun page to create! It was fun to go crazy and make it just as whimsical as the song. :)

P.S Eisley has a new album coming out on May 28th entitled, “Currents”. You can listen to a song from the new album here: “Drink The Water”.

No comments:

Post a Comment