Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Message In A Bottle" & "To Have Arms"


Message In A Bottle (Written in '06)

I've been on the other side of the world, waiting for a boat to come rescue me. Or maybe for some company, for this continent gets a little lonely. So I just wrote you a note to let you know I need you. So I just wrote you a note to let you know I'll be waiting by the shore.

(Chorus)

You could throw a coin into the ocean you call a wishing well, and say your wish by name, but it would answer you all the same. Oh the restlessness of an evening sky, how we romanticize these nights. Still waiting for a mystery to wash ashore. But maybe I should take a chance, throw a bottle into the sea, maybe a message would float back to me.

Watching the moon dance over the water, it makes me a little sad. Have you ever felt that way? Oh this island is as beautiful as it is bad. And the half moon is mocking me, it says "Guess I'm not the only one who's incomplete."

(Repeat Chorus)

Oh I've never been keen on talking to the man in the moon. You'd probably call me a fool, but I know someone's listening to my secret wishes tonight. A spy who's much wiser than I.

(Repeat Chorus 2x)





To Have Arms (Written in '06)

Sometimes it would be nice to not have to be so strong, to keep a stiff upper lip in the midst of all that's wrong. Cause I can get so tired of carrying all these burdens on my own. Just wish if only for a moment for someone to hold.

(Chorus)
To have arms to fall into, a shoulder to cry onto. A love, a love to grab a hold of. To have a voice saying "Don't cry, it'll be alright". Someone there through all my storms, Oh to have arms.

Oh it would be so nice, so nice to escape with you tonight. To drive and drive till all the city lights are out of sight. And tears that fall from my eyes would dry cause with you I'd once again feel free and light. No, I don't even know you but I miss you tonight.

(Repeat Chorus)

To close out the whole world and pretend that no one else exists but you and I sounds so good tonight. Oh it would be nice to feel, to feel alive.

(Repeat Chorus 2x)


(C) Krystal Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment