Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Worlds Apart" & "Security"

These are two lyrics I wrote about facing the truth so that we can have God's very best for our lives.


"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" - 2 Cor. 6:14

“A woman’s heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her”. ~ Maya Angelou

Worlds Apart (written in 2006)

We're too different I know, but it doesn't seem to stop where this story goes. You don't know my Savior and you don't want to either. Oh and you bring me down to a very sticky ground like that of a movie theater. But when you whisper in my ear I start fear that I'm too weak to trust my faiths shaky feet. And when you hold me in your arms I start to ignore the alarms. My resolve is destroyed by my needy heart.

(Chorus)
Oh but I won't get lost in an unequally yoked shell, I try to convince myself. I won't lose my heart to you or at least I'll try not to. One kiss has no real meaning to either of us anyway right? I won't lose control in the maze of your soul. I'd have no problem letting go if I wanted to you know? And even though I should resist, maybe you could stay for just a few minutes...

When will I learn? How many fires will have to burn me till I see the landscapes before me? Breaking my heart has become a work of art for you. Oh but I know what I'm in for you when come knocking at my door. When your lips say you're a heart breaker no more, something tells me, you've been here before. Yet all the signs I choose to ignore. And you look so good tonight that I'm thinking a little fling might be alright.

(Repeat Chorus)

As our worlds collide and spin out of control, maybe I can step off this ride and face the truth that I've always known inside. You aren't the one for me. But thank you for being there when I needed affection, but it's taken me in the wrong direction. Thank you for making me see you aren't the one for me. Thank you for being the mistake that's given me clarity. Thank you for playing on the weakness in me, it proved how strong I can be. Thank you for making me see that I need more. Thank you for the inspiration to wait, wait for my God sent soul mate. Turns out you were a great date. Oh the irony life can create.

(Repeat Chorus 2x)


" Since we want to become spiritually one with the Master, we must not pursue the kind of sex that avoids commitment and intimacy, leaving us more lonely than ever—the kind of sex that can never "become one." There is a sense in which sexual sins are different from all others. In sexual sin we violate the sacredness of our own bodies, these bodies that were made for God-given and God-modeled love, for "becoming one" with another. Or didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body. " - 1 Cor. 6:16-20 (The Message)

Security (written in 2007)

You say you need the affection. You say you just need a distraction. You admit you like the attention, well that's a given. His touch makes you feel less insufficient. Oh he is the weakness, he's the temptation. So you give into the proposition. Oh but do you know where you'll land on the ride of a one night stand? It'll leave you stranded and alone in a strangers bed.

(Chorus)
Is it security you need? Oh oh. To feed your empty soul? Oh No. You always look in the wrong place instead of trusting God to make you whole.

When you wake up the next morning will you say that it was worth the weight of the guilt and the shame? The loneliness you try to wash down the drain. You know you deserve so much more, more than him taking what he wants and heading for the door. Leaving you to feel even worse than before. Oh you're trying to fill the void somehow. Who will you choose, Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now?

(Repeat Chorus)

Dying to fill the void somehow. Who will you choose Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now?

(Repeat Chorus 2x)



(C) Krystal Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment