Saturday, March 3, 2012

Copy Cat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha

I think I've ranted before about my complete & utter frustration with the fact that I live in a small town that deprives me of a Starbucks. The closest one is a whole hour away! I know, tragic, right? So I don't get my coffee fix as often as I would like. Which is probably a blessing in disguise really as I'm sure it could become an addiction... and I'm still trying to get off the Dr. Pepper...don't need to add a coffee addiction. ;) But I recently found this recipe for one of my favorite Starbucks drinks, White Chocolate Mocha, and am in love with all its copy cat flavor! And with the chilly weather we've had lately, who wouldn't want to curl up with a warm mug of this yummy coffee and watch a movie, like Breaking Dawn, perhaps? ... Oh yeah, sure, … me neither. ;)

Copy Cat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha -

whitechocmocha
(Recipe found @ http://www.mommyskitchen.net/)

I made a couple mugs of this White Chocolate Mocha for my mom and I last week and let's just say, we both pretty much inhaled it! I've already made it twice and it definitely won't be the last. And I love that it only takes a few ingredients that you probably already have lying around your kitchen. It's also so simple & fun to whip up! Just melt the white chocolate with the milk and fill a mug half way with it, fill the rest with coffee, top with whipped cream, cinnamon & white chocolate shavings, and drink up! How simple is that? Since I don't have a coffee maker, I used the Starbucks Via packets (which I love & buy often) and it does the trick!

whitechocmocha2

This mocha is smooth & super creamy and I love that you get the perfect white chocolate to coffee ratio. If you need a coffee fix, I hope you’ll try this coffee copy cat! :)

Ingredients:
2/3 cup whole milk
6 tablespoons white chocolate chips
Freshly brewed coffee (strong) to fill mugs or shot of espresso
Whipped cream

Desired garnishes:
cinnamon or white chocolate shavings

Directions:
Add milk and chocolate chips to saucepan or double boiler and heat until chips are melted and milk is hot. Meanwhile make coffee or espresso. Pour half of milk mixture in coffee mug and fill rest of mug with coffee saving enough room for a dollop of whipped cream. If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, or chocolate shavings. Makes enough for 2 small mugs.

2 comments: