Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Foodie Penpals Reveal!

foodiepal_stamp2

Hey lovelies! Can’t tell you how excited I am to share my very first Foodie Penpals reveal with y’all today! When I read about this program on The Lean Green Bean last month I signed up almost immediately! I thought it sounded like the coolest concept. Every month you’re paired up with other bloggers to send each other fun foodie packages. I mean, yummy goodies delivered right to your doorstep once a month, yes, please! Right up my ally! :)

012

This month I received this lovely package from Carrie over at Bakeaholic Mama. Carrie makes the most delish looking food and desserts, and I instantly loved her blog. So I was definitely jazzed about the pairing!

017

I was beyond excited when the goodies finally arrived! Who doesn’t love getting things in the mail, right? But somehow it’s so much more fun when it’s food! I took some photos and then dove right in! And of course, being the chocoholic that I am, I went straight for the chocolate! :)

027 

I was so happy to see a big bar of Lindt Chocolate upon opening the package. I have an eye for chocolate so it’s the first thing I spotted lol. I love Lindt and had never tried this kind before. This Black Currant Dark Chocolate Bar with Almonds was so good! I’ve never actually tried currants so I didn’t know what it would be like, but I loved the way the berry flavor tasted with the dark chocolate!

024

Okay, this was my favorite thing from the whole package! Seriously, this maple candy was to die for! I had never tasted anything like it! I think this candy could be potentially addicting. It had the best sweet maple taste and just melted in your mouth. And it smelt so amazing! But since I shared some of it with my family, it went so fast! But I did look it up on the internet, it’s from Ben’s Sugar Shack in New Hampshire…and they sell boxes of them. Oh yeah! I see some candy ordering in my future! ;)

022

This maple syrup, also from Ben’s Sugar Shack (these goodies make me want to live in New Hampshire ;)), was so delish on pancakes! It made for a very happy breakfast! And maybe it’s totally girly for me to say this, but I thought the little carton was really cute! lol

021 

And last but not least, Laurel Hill Vin Rose Wine Jelly! I was so intrigued by the name, I had never tried Rose Wine Jelly before. It sounds so sophisticated. :) To me, it kind of had a honey flavor to it. It was so delish! My family and I finished most of it within a couple days.

I just want to say thank you to Carrie for all these yummy treats! It was so fun devouring them! I hope you all check out her blog and drool over her recipes. :)

I had such a blast with Foodie Penpals and am so excited to do it again in June! I want to say thank you to Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean for putting this awesome program together! I know it can’t be easy organizing it all but I’m so glad she does! And if this appeals to the foodie in you, consider signing up for June! The info is below! Hope you join in the foodie fun! :)

---------------------------------------
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.

- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!

- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)

- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.

- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.

If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.

You must submit your information by June 4th as pairings will be emailed on June 5th!
-----------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. Hi Krystal, Glad you enjoyed everything! Lindt is made so close by... so I eat WAY too much of it! ... I was hoping to send you syrup/candy from my family's farm however it was a poor maple sugaring season this year.... but Ben's is almost as good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carrie! Yes, I really enjoyed it! It would be so dangerous for me to live near the Lindt factory lol. But it would be nice! Oh wow, would've loved to taste your family's syrup and candy! But I'm sure that Ben's was a good second choice! ;) Thanks so much for the goodies and for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Maple candy?!? Yum! If it tasted ever half as good as how cute it is... what a treat!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really amazing maple candy! Oh trust me, it tasted just as delish as it looks! I highly recommend it! Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete