Monday, July 23, 2012

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Pretzel Cookies

One of my favorite things in the world has got to be sharing things I’m crazy about with other people… whether that be a band who’s music has captured my heart and ears, a fun craft, or a delish and beloved recipe. No, I’m not one of those people who wants a new band I discovered to remain a secret or have any secret recipes… I wanna give it all away. Good things should always be shared. Plus it gives me a chance to rave and gush… which I’m sorta good at. Thus the reason I’m kinda excited to share these babies with you guys today!

I’ve always had a love affair with chocolate chip cookies. Yes, there is a time and place for cheesecake, crème brule, and tiramisu; but sometimes there is just nothing like the sweet simplicity of a warm and gooey chocolate chip cookie, agreed? It took me a long time to find the right chocolate chip cookie recipe, after years of flat, cakey cookies that would pretty much fall apart, I finally found one that in my opinion, is perfect! But I have since found a variation that has upped this cookie recipe to another level.

This recipe has become my favorite way to make chocolate chip cookies! And these lovelies… well, they have received rave reviews from every single person I’ve made them for. This includes people from my church, my family, and Foodie Penpal recipients. So because they’ve gotten such awesome responses, I thought I should go ahead and share the goodness with y’all! I hope you guys and gals give this one a shot as it is heaven in cookie form! :)

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Pretzel Cookies -

491

I adapted this yummy recipe from one that I found on Pinterest; I liked the general idea but did not like the way the cookie itself tasted. So I went back to my old faithful cookie recipe and gave it another go. These babies are jam packed with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and broken up pretzel pieces, with a light sprinkling of sea salt on top. They are the perfect combination of salty and sweet. The chocolate and peanut butter chips taste so good with the pretzels (which also give the cookies an extra crunchy texture) and sea salt. And let me just say that sea salt is such an awesome ingredient to have on hand. I bought a big bottle of it months ago and never thought I would use it so much. Plus you only use a little bit at a time so it really lasts you. 

495

I used Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, which are the very best chocolate chips I’ve ever tasted (sorry Toll House). And while, yes, the recipe does just call for 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips… I’ll just be honest with you and tell you that I use a whole bag of both. Yes, it’s true, I get a little chip happy. But the more the merrier, in my opinion.

Oh and a little cookie baking tip from me to you, they always seem to turn out better when the dough is chilled in the fridge for at least an hour. Just try to refrain from dipping into the cookie dough … otherwise you may end up with nothing to bake. Yeah, so not speaking from experience here.  ;) Happy cookie baking!

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup broken up pretzel pieces
Sea salt

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350° F.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl and set aside. Stir together Butter Flavored Crisco, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pretzel pieces. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment