Friday, February 10, 2012

Winter Music Playlist & Reflection

etsy

Hey lovelies! Thought I’d stop in tonight and share some thoughts and my winter music playlist with you guys!

Usually I’m not a fan of winter… even though Tx winters tend to be pretty mild, it just always seems like such a gloomy time of year. I’m more of a fall and spring type of gal. But there has been something about this winter that has sort of charmed me, if that makes any sense.

I know it’s cliché, but life really is like seasons … some are so cold and gloomy while others are sunny and warm. This season of life has been such a weird one for me. It’s had its share of cold and gloomy moments…it’s been a season that I’ve prayed to God to just be over. It’s been a season of lots of tears (probably more tears than I’ve ever cried), anger, and learning what it means to let go and move on. And I’m sure it’s probably not over yet. But somewhere, somehow in the midst of it all, I’m beginning to feel something new and beautiful growing in my heart.

I had gotten so lost in all the pain that I had sort of stopped dreaming and forgotten what hope felt like… but this is changing. Thank God! I feel like I’m starting to let myself dream again and hope again, and it’s really beautiful. Like air is being pumped back into my world little by little. I feel like God is planting new dreams in my heart and giving me new things… new interests, new loves, new hopes and desires. It feels like a season to explore.

This past January and February haven’t been the easiest to say the least, but there have been little pockets of joy, hope, peace, discovery, and wonder. In some ways I feel like it’s been such a season of self discovery. Discovering more of who I am, what I want, and where I want to go. I’ve never felt more aware of all of my weaknesses and strengths. I’ve never felt so totally aware of my junk that needs to be taken care of, how far I have to go, & how much I NEED the Lord. I need to speak with him and be in his presence daily.

But I’ve also discovered that God wants to do some beautiful things through me if I will let him, that he is far from finished with me yet. That he has a plan and a purpose for the pain. That when it feels like the end it’s really just the beginning. I’ve discovered that I really am stronger than I thought, I am special and talented, that I am capable, that I can do things on my own, and be things on my own, that I can accomplish things, and that I can be the woman God made me to be.

So yes, winter you have been wrought with some icy winds and gloomy gray days, but you have also charmed my heart with new & beautiful things…little treasures in unlikely places.

Winter, you have been:

*twinkly white lights

*the comfort of sweet friends

*good conversations

*sweet daily times with the Lord that are healing my heart

*good music that makes me dance (even though I have two very uncoordinated left feet)

*soft & pretty folk music that makes me swoon

*charming thrift & antique stores full of treasures 

*scrapbook paper and paint and modpodge and a new hobby of crafting along side my mom

*coffee as often as possible

*art journaling

*writing & blogging

*cooking soup

*baking cookies

*breezy 70 degree weather that’s perfect for afternoon walks at the bay or doing a little painting outside

*paint stained jeans

*redecorating

*dreaming, hoping, doing, being

A little bit of mystery and a little bit of magic in the midst of the chaos.

My Winter Music Playlist:My Winter Music Playlist by Krystal Rodriguez on Grooveshark

These are the tunes that have made up the soundtrack to my winter and there are a few that just sound like winter to me. These have been my songs lately. In fact, I’ve rarely gone a day without listening to most of them. Somehow I think these songs will always remind me of this time of my life. Hope you enjoy! :)

013 

On the chilly nights we’ve had recently all I want is a warm beverage. Here’s a couple photos of the hot chocolate I made the other night (in my new owl mug that I just bought at a thrift store in my town, so in love with it).

016

I didn’t use a recipe for this but I just made some chocolate ganache by melting some semi-sweet chocolate chips with some heavy cream; mixed it into warm milk, added in some sweetened condescend milk, a dollop of whipped cream on top, with a sprinkling of cinnamon and cocoa powder. It turned out sooo delish! It was thick, rich, & chocolaty. My mom and I drank it up so fast.

Don’t ask about the calories cause, while I don’t know what they were,… I’m sure it wasn’t good lol. But it was a nice little indulges. Nothing like some hot chocolate on a cold winter night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment