Friday, January 11, 2013

5 Confessions

confession

Confession is the hot topic for day 11 of the January Blog A Day challenge. I decided to air a little bit of my dirty laundry and give you these 5 oh so scandalous confessions below!

1. Despite my utter disdain for reality TV I somehow always end up getting pulled into watching The Bachelor or The Bachelorette (head hung in shame). Season after season I promise myself I’m not going to but then I get a little curious & watch a few minutes of it. And as you can imagine these few minutes turn into the whole show… then slowing but surely, the whole season. Ugh! Can you say vicious cycle? I watched half of the season premiere on Monday and while I like Sean, the girls were so embarrassing I could barley stand to look at the screen lol. Seriously they were making me ashamed of my gender. So maybe that’ll break the cycle. 

2. I can make things like Crème Brulee and Tiramisu but just barely learned how to use the toaster. I know, I know! Ironic, huh? But in my defense I never was much for toast, toaster waffles, and never even ate many pop tarts. So you can think me crazy all you want but the toaster and I just never had much of a use for each other that’s all. I simply had no toasting needs. But all is well, I can now make toast if need be. I caught on pretty quickly, I‘m smart like that.

3. I may be half Spanish but I can’t speak it to save my life lol. I’ve tried to learn a little over the years; both my dad and grandma tried to teach my sister and I when we were kids. I quickly realized my white side took over when I tried to speak it lol. So needless to say, it never stuck. Except my grandma did teach my sister and I , per our request, to say “oy with the poodles” (a Gilmore Girls reference for those who don’t know) in Spanish which I think was oy con la poodles lol. But that’s about it. But I like to think the fact that I can cook really good Mexican food makes up for this. I actually would love to learn how to speak French, it just sounds so lovely to me.

4. I can’t remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater. It’s been years. I know, it’s a little crazy. Most people can’t believe that when I tell them lol. But I’m not much of a movie person and my family never was either; plus it’s so expensive. I usually just wait for movies I want to see (which honestly are few and far between) to come on pay per view. But at the same time I do kind of miss it. And kinda wish I could’ve seen the last Twilight movie in the theater… hmm, that was sort of a confession too wasn’t it? Ha! This one was a double whammy. :D

5. I’ve sort of been in a blogging funk since summer and I can’t seem to shake it. Oh I have ideas of things I want to write about but can’t seem to get them out of my heart and head onto a computer screen. And I’ve just been frustrated with the whole blogging thing in general lately. I just get so tired of all the perfection. The need for things to look perfect and sound perfect. It sometimes feels like we bloggers are on a constant quest to have more professional looking layouts and photos. It can start to feel more like business than fun; how to get people to shop at your store so to speak and how to get them to keep coming back.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to make your blog as good as it can be but it’s when I find myself getting caught up in it all that it becomes exhausting. I simply can’t live up to that perfection. It’s easy for me to forget that I started blogging for self expression not perfection. 

So there are 5 of my dirty little secrets… would love to hear a few of your confessions if you’re game to share. Also, if you want to get involved with the January Blog A Day head on over to either one of these ladies lovely blogs, grab a button, and get to writing! :)

jan-blog-a-day

No comments:

Post a Comment