Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beautiful Words

Today’s January Blog A Day topic 20 is “Beautiful”. There are a lot of beautiful things in this world I could talk about but one of my favorites is simply, words. Beautiful words. I love to write them, read them, and hear them. The right words at the right time can be life to your soul.

I came across this spoken word poem below last night as I was looking up TWLOHA’s event, Heavy & Light. Which is basically a night of great music and speakers all there for one purpose, to share hope. I was planning to attend the date in GA next month with my sister but unfortunately won’t be able to make it. But as I was looking at the line up for this year, I stumbled on Anis Mojgani’s amazing spoken word poems on YouTube and was moved to tears. This man writes beautiful words full of so much hope.

I watched a lot of his videos last night and was so inspired. This one below, “Come Closer” is my favorite. I found myself just listening to this with my eyes closed. You can feel every word he speaks. My favorite line is, “He made you when He was happy. You make the world happy.” That just made my heart light up. I think it may be one of the best things I’ve heard in a long time. I hope you’re blessed by these beautiful words as much I was. :)

jan-blog-a-day

No comments:

Post a Comment