Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Playlist 2 (True Meaning Songs)

christmas2

In the hustle and bustle of Christmas it’s easy to lose sight of what we’re really doing all of this for. To lose sight of what or rather who we’re really celebrating. Tonight, on this Christmas Eve, I want to pause just for a moment – from all the cooking, baking, and gift wrapping – to refocus on the only real reason to celebrate this beautiful holiday, the birth of my Savior, Jesus Christ. It’s way more than just the tree, lights, gifts, and songs… it’s about a way being made for us when there was no way. It’s about salvation.

christmas1

So many Christmas songs are actually very worshipful. The words to “Oh Holy Night” for instance (one of my favorites) is a powerful song that speaks God’s love and deliverance.

"Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease."

This is really the only time of year that people, no matter their beliefs, sing worship songs to God simply by singing Christmas carols.

As much as I love all the fun Christmas songs the ones that mean the most to me are what I’m calling “true meaning songs”. The songs on this playlist help me refocus on Jesus and why He came. They make me reflect on who I’m really celebrating and why.

So I hope that tonight you’ll stop for just a moment and worship & reflect with me. :)

True Meaning Songs (Christmas 2013) by Krystal Rodriguez on Grooveshark

christmas3

A song I couldn’t find on Grooveshark but had to share:

Merry Christmas! Hope you have very happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment