Monday, December 23, 2013

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

In my humble opinion, no turkey dinner is complete without cranberry sauce. It’s just a holiday must! That sweet & tart taste gives the food layers of flavor.

My family and I used to use the traditional canned cranberry sauce. We would stock up on at least two cans on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well last year I started seeing recipes for the homemade version all over the place and was surprised by how easy it sounded. After tasting this lovely homemade cranberry sauce it’s safe to say my family and I will never go back to the store bought kind again! Now the canned cranberry just tastes fake to me. I’m converted.

Real cranberry sauce made from just 4 ingredients and doesn’t come out in the shape of a can? Who knew?! ;)

Homemade Cranberry Sauce -

030new

This cranberry sauce could not be simpler! You basically add all 4 ingredients in a saucepan and let the magic happen. It also makes your kitchen smell amazing, might I add.

It has the perfect jelly like consistency with some whole cranberries mixed in.

029new

It would make a delicious and impressive addition to your holiday spread! Hope you give it a try!

Ingredients:
1 bag of fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup of orange juice (can use fresh, but juice from concentrate works just fine0
1 tsp. orange zest

Directions:
Put all ingredients into a saucepan and mix well. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil.

Boil for about 10 minutes until the cranberries pop. There may be a few light colored ones that don't pop, but don't worry, they soften as the sauce cools.

You can serve the cranberry sauce at room temp or slightly warm.

The sauce can be made up to 2 days before and kept in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment