Monday, September 9, 2013

What I have in common with Mother Teresa & Chopin… #Blogtember

We are all ISFJ’s!

Blogtember

Today’s Blogtember challenge is to take this personality test and share your results. After taking the 72 question test I have found out that my personality type is ISFJ. What does that mean, you ask? Here are the specifics:

Introvert(67%)  Sensing(1%)  Feeling(50%)  Judging(39%) •

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%) – Absolutely no surprise here. I’ve always been an introvert. Over the years I’ve become a lot more comfortable and proud of this fact. My mom & I were actually just having a conversation (she’s an introvert as well) about how some people can make you feel bad or abnormal for being the quiet more to yourself type. Not understanding this is just a part of your personality. I especially felt that way as a child.

Anyway, this is a whole other post unto itself but this is an incredible article about introverts that I wish I could pass out to (& whack over the head of) every single person that ever told me they would “get me out of my shell”. Especially one 5th grade teacher that shall remain nameless. Ahem, I’m not bitter… I’m better. ;)


•You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%) – Not exactly sure what this means but I’ve always been a big believer in trusting my intuition.


•You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%) – Again, another duh. I feel everything. All the time. Too much feeling. Though I do very much value thinking things through… so I totally get how it’s 50%.


•You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (39%) – Wasn’t exactly sure what this meant either but I read in an article that “judgers” tend to: Make a list of things to do, schedule things in advance, form and express judgments, bring closure to an issue so that we can move on. All of which I can definitely relate to.

Other ISFJ traits I relate to: Family is the center of their lives and they can be a little possessive of their loved ones. They are also very warm, loyal, have a hard time hiding their feelings, and value friendship, especially old friends, very much. They tend to “take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones”.

Some things however didn’t sound like me so much, such as ISFJ’s tend to be taken advantage of and I don’t feel that way at all.  And they also tend to shy away from confrontation, again, not me. While I don’t like confrontation I’ve definitely been known to speak up & confront things when I feel the need to. I do after all have some Mexican feistiness in my blood (rawr). 

Some famous ISFJ’s include: Halle Barry, Anthony Hopkins, Kirsten Dunst, and Kate Middleton. Also Kanye West & Kim Kardashian… but I’m choosing to ignore that lol.

Good career choices for ISFJ’s include: Interior Decorators, Designers, Nurses, Child Care/Early Childhood Development, Social Work/Counselors, Clergy/Religious Workers, Office Managers, Shopkeepers, Bookkeepers, & Home Economics

So this has been very revealing lol. If you would like to learn what personality type you are, take the test! And don’t forget to come back here and share your results! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment