Thursday, September 5, 2013

Advice from Mom #Blogtember

Blogtember

Today's topic on the Blogtember challenge is advice that you always remember and has stuck with you. Well I actually wrote about this subject during the January blog a day challenge I did here. So instead of repeating myself, I will share with you a piece of advice that my mom passed down to my younger sister. A very important piece of advice my mom actually does not remember giving but my sister has carried it with her through out her life. And here it is…

Never stand behind an open cabinet door. 

Yep, that’s it. Granted this was probably a random caution from a loving mother to her somewhat accident prone children but nevertheless, it stuck with my sister. Apparently we two girls got wacked in the head by cabinet doors pretty often… would explain a lot actually lol. ;)

Why, of all the advice my mom has given us over the years, this stayed with her the most, who knows. You’d probably have to be inside her brain to understand … and trust me, that’s a place you may not want to go. (I kid kid… really Cec. And if you’re reading this, I love you! :D) But c’mon, it’s gotta be a bit troublesome to my mom, right?

So there it is, folks. Mom approved advice. Do with it what you will! And watch out for those darn cabinet doors! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment